Reno Saccoccia Field @ Harding Stadium (Death Valley) TIMELINE:
* Construction approved by BOE in 1928, started in 1929 & completed in 1930.
* Cost of $45,000.
* Originally had natural grass playing surface with a track.
* Original seating capacity was 4,800.
* Dedicated on September 26th, 1930 with a 39-0 victory over Pittsburgh Oliver.
* First TD scored in Harding Stadium was by George "Puck" Burgwin on a 12 yard run in the 1st quarter, and he also added the first PAT. Burgwin would tally 182 yards on the day.
* First night game was on October 10th, 1930 with a 45-0 victory over Columbus Central....that game was among the first ever night games played in the Buckeye State.
* National Rushing Record set in 1931's 68-0 victory over Massillon as Big Red rushed for 734 yards on the cool fall evening.
* Bleachers added to boost totals to near 8,000.
* 1942's 76-7 victory over Dayton Stivers marked the most points Big Red has ever scored in Death Valley.
* Original scoreboard built in 1946.
* New lighting added in 1948 by the Big Red Booster Club which increased illumination by 50%
* 1956's 66 points by the Canton McKinley Bulldogs marked the most points that a visitor has ever scored in Harding Stadium.
* Expanded in 1966 for All American Conference play to present capacity of 10,000.
* World famous "Man O' War", the fire-breathing horse since 1970.
* Old computer graphics/message board , debuted during Cincinnati St. Xavier game of 1977, was first of its kind in high school football.
* First Ohio high school stadium to have "miked" referees (1977).
* New pressbox built in 1993.
* New video replay scoreboard built in 1997.
* New sound system installed in 1997.
* New in-ground irrigation system installed in 1999.
* New lighting system installed in 2001.
* New fencing installed in 2002.
* New lower concession stand/restrooms and general renovations completed in 2002.
* New upper concession stand/restrooms and new home-side light standards completed in 2003.
* ProGrass synthetic field turf installed in 2004.
* Daktronics Video Board installed in 2004.
* Reno Field added to official name in 2007.
* Upgraded Surround Sound Sytem in 2009.
* New West Endzone stands in 2010.
*New Varsity digital scoreboard in 2011.
*Play clocks in 2011.
*New AstroTurf field turf installed in 2012.
*Upgraded lighting in 2012.
*Expansion of the Abe Bryan Press Box in 2012.